Welcome to my blog! Thanks for reading!

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Livingstone, Zambia

Livingstone, so named by (or after) David Livingstone ... an interesting little place! It's on the Zambian side of Victoria Falls right beside the Zimbabwe border.

Advertising!


The men in the markets! They gave me all sorts of necklaces and bracelets ... hoping that we'd buy stuff!


Fruit markets


I love the way African women tie their babies to their backs!


We met all sorts of interesting folk our first day in Livingstone! A Scottish lady who'd married a Zambian guy and they were running a pub in Livingstone, her mother was out visiting from Rutherglen! A man in the supermarket (dodgy supermarket where stuff was open, warm, half eaten!) who knew about British politics and all sorts. Amazing to chat with the guys in the stalls about football/soccer. One guy had a Frank Lampart shirt on and I said I wouldn't buy from a Chelsea fan ... they knew all about the teams and who was playing and when!! They weren't so clued up about Celtic but I did my best to educate them!

No comments: