Welcome to my blog! Thanks for reading!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

AmazinK - Bafana Bafana


I wish I'd taken my camera (rather than my phone) to AmaZinK for the South Africa-Uruguay game which we watched there. The atmosphere was amazing and the little hairs were standing up on my neck as I recognised the unity which football/soccer brings and the amazing congregation of people who were there watching ... young, old, all races and socioeconomic status, Mamas with blankets, old white guys with vuvuzelas, everyone behind South Africa and willing them to do well. For me it was one of those occasions that I'll remember for the rest of my life. And I'll smile while doing so!! The score didn't reflect the atmosphere that night!

1 comment:

Ian said...

Hi Nomes

Just got an email from your dad

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Really happy you got the job at Stirling

Hope this reaches you

Luv,

Ian(large, brearded, likes potatoes) x