Welcome to my blog! Thanks for reading!

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Scotland win a rugby game ... and Cape Town has a carnival ... coincidence?

The Six Nations is always my time of the year to get into rugby. This year Scotland drew with England (see a previous post), where no-one really knew whether to congratulate or commiserate each other, and I guess for another year we can say England didn’t beat us! I was back at the Dubliner for Scotland v Ireland where a subdued environment kept the great rejoicing to a minimum! However, we walked out of the Dubliner to the first Cape Town carnival and a huge thousand-people parade up Long Street … neither Care nor myself had our cameras but will remember the night forever more!! It was as if the other end of the world was celebrating Scotland's first win in a long time ...


No comments: